Append Info onto Email Links | XM Community
Solved

Append Info onto Email Links

• 28 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Good morning,

I am trying to do a email blast to a name list I have with individual links. However, ALL links must have an appended bit of info on them.

For example, the link that I'm getting looks like: qualtrics.com/SE?Q_DL=abc
But I need it to look like: qualtrics.com/SE?Q_DL=abc&data=abc

Unfortunately, I cannot just use embedded data for this--it MUST be in the link.

Is there a way to do this?

Thx,
T
icon

Best answer by JenCX 28 January 2019, 18:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I had a similar situation and after contacting support, they suggested I put it in the panel information.

Even if you're not sending through Qualtrics (which is why I'm guessing you want to not use embedded data), this will still work. When you load your list to generate links, include a "Data" field in each record that contains "abc". Even if you use a different email client, the individual link will associate with the Data field. Just make sure to pull in the Data embedded data from panel in your survey flow.

If I've misunderstood, let me know!
Badge +4
I have links to the same survey customized by customer service rep. This allows me to see which rep is being rated. After the survey link insert a "?", then the variable name, then "=", then the specific variable. For example SV_1234AbcnxJ5T?Name=Alan&City=Dallas&Street=1st. You do have to include Name, City, and Street as embedded data, but all the data comes from the link, not your contact list.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@tfoster,

Edit your email invite message in html mode. Find the piped survey url and append your additional parameters to it. For example:
${l://SurveyURL}&data=abc

Leave a Reply